Overdraft Opt-in Notice
What is the Overdraft Opt-in Notice?
The overdraft Opt-in notice is a form explaining Rayne State Bank & Trust Companies practices in the event of your account becoming overdrawn.
What are the benefits of Opting-in?
After August 15, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to: (see below)
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
How can I Opt-in?
You may Opt-in by:
- Print and complete the PDF and mail it to: 200 S. ADAMS AVENUE, RAYNE, LA 70578
- Or by calling the Call Center at 337-334-3191
- Or by visiting any one of our convenient locations
Overdraft Coverage Options
Overdraft Priviledge and Overdraft Protection
Rayne State Bank & Trust Company understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at Rayne State Bank & Trust Company1||No fee per transfer.|
|Overdraft Privilege||$30 overdraft fee per item.|
1Contact us at (337) 334-3191 or email@example.com, or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all types of transactions and may help protect your account from being overdrawn by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account you may have at Rayne State Bank & Trust Company.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction.
|Transactions Covered with Overdraft Privilege
(No action required)
(Your consent required)*
|ACH - Auto Debits
|Recurring Debit Card Payments
|Online Bill Pay Items
|Internet Banking Transfers
|Teller Window Transactions
|Everyday Debit Card Purchases||X*|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
- call us at (337) 334-3191
- complete the online consent form at www.bankonnet.com
- visit any branch
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you choose Extended Coverage, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Overdraft Privilege coverage, it is not necessary to request it again.
You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (337) 334-3191 or sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
What Else You Should Know
- We post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) ATM and debit card transactions, 3) ACH debits, 4) checks. The items are processed in the order received within each category. The order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of overdraft or return fees assessed.
- A link to a savings account is a less expensive option than an overdraft.
- A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts.
- For consumer accounts, there is a limit of 8 Overdraft fees ($240) per day we will charge. We will not charge an overdraft fee if a consumer account is overdrawn by $1 or less. These exceptions do not apply to business accounts.
- Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our Internet banking, mobile banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance.
- The $30 fee is the same fee that would be charged if a check was returned as unpaid. If multiple items would overdraw your account on the same day, each item would be assessed an appropriate overdraft fee or a return fee of $30. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount.
- Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
- Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted.
- Although under payment system rules, Rayne State Bank & Trust Company may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Rayne State Bank & Trust Company will not authorize debit card or
- ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring overdraft fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an overdraft fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
- Except as described in this letter, Rayne State Bank & Trust Company will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit.
- Rayne State Bank & Trust Company may place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty (30) days for a minimum of one business day.
Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account and Disclosure Agreement. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at (337) 334-3191 or visit a branch.